Friday, April 11, 2014

Hippity Hoppity Easter's on it's way.

Its that time of year to celebrate birth and rebirth as Mother Nature awakens from her long (for those up north extremely long) slumber. It's time for blossoms to bloom, birds to twitter (not on the internet) and new life to begin. Easter has never really been my favorite holiday... it's a great holiday don't get me wrong, full of colors, poofy dresses with hats to match, going to Church for almost a whole week, if you are Catholic and chocolate (you knew I would sneak that in). As a child my most favorite Easter basket goodie was a fresh new box of Crayola crayons. I can still smell the fresh wax rainbow as I opened the box, not the 8 pack, no, no my friends, Easter called for the 64 pack and in those days it had a sharpener in the back of the box.
Sigh, that is one of my favorite scents, right next to new car smell and the fragrance of new money.

The bigger meaning that the crayons held was my parents support in my creativity. It's so very important that we nurture children's creativity and empower them to imagine. Imagination is the key to many of man's greatest accomplishments. To take the ordinary and make it extraordinary, it can be as profound as changing the way we communicate and follow the lives of friends and loved ones to as simple a taking an everyday object, such as a water bottle and using one more time before being recycled. It's all apart of the creative mind, seeing beyond the eye of the beholder. Creativity is not just limited to crafty projects, it can come in many forms for instance in medicine. The leaps and bounds in prosthetics are apart of having a creative mind. In a nutshell, the Easter season always super charges my creativity and the birth of new ideas. For those who celebrate, I wish you a Happy Easter Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment