Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Benefits of Witch Hazel

I've used Witch Hazel on my skin for years. I used to have very unsightly scars on my legs from mosquito bites, the use of Witch Hazel helped to fade the scars and keep my legs smooth. Over time I tried it on my face as a skin toner and it helped with the few acne scars that I had. 

I'm always looking for natural products to add to the Water Bottle Soap Beauty Care line and as I was doing some research I remembered Witch Hazel. There are more to Witch Hazel than just for scars and skin toning. It helps with the following:

http://dailywicca.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/witch_hazel1.jpg

1. The big one: Spot and blemish control*
2. Soothe and heal diaper rash
3. Shrink bags under the eyes
4. Soothe and reduce external hemorrhoids
5. Varicose vein relief
6. Soothe poison ivy and poison oak
7. Treat chicken pox blisters
8. Heal your bruises faster

9. Soothe razor burn (and in some instances, prevent it)
10. Treat and soothe a nasty sunburn
11. Treat dry skin
12. Use to heal and soothe various cuts and bruises
13. Take the bite out of bug bites
14. Refresh tired eyes - NOT by squirting witch hazel in them
15. Make your own deodorant
16. Astringent to tighten the skin**
17. Ease symptoms of eczema and psoriasis***

Similar to the multiple benefits of Coconut Oil and 
Turmeric, the benefits of Witch Hazel make this natural, Eco-friendly, inexpensive product a must have to your beauty regimen.
But, what is Witch Hazel exactly...

" …an astringent produced from the leaves and bark of the North American Witch Hazel shrub (Hamamelis virginiana), which grows naturally from Nova Scotia west to Ontario, Canada and south to Florida, and Texas in the United States. This plant was widely used for medicinal purposes by American Indians. The witch hazel extract was obtained by steaming the twigs of the shrub." - Source Wikipedia

Most drugstores carry distilled Witch Hazel, it can usually be found by the Peroxide and Rubbing Alcohol. As for my beauty line I have added WBS Skin Toner Pads, the jar holds 30  pre-moistened soaked in Witch Hazel, Lavender Essential Oil and a few drop of Vitamin E Oil. All of which are super beneficial for the skin. Check out my website for more information and to check out the entire WBS Body Care Line. 


Sources:
 *http://www.wisebread.com/15-wonderful-uses-for-witch-hazel
**www.webmd.com
***http://skincare.allwomenstalk.com/reasons-to-add-witch-hazel-in-your-skin-care-routine/9/

No comments:

Post a Comment