Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Allow me to reintroduce myself...

Greetings,
I say it's a reintroduction since I am in the midst of over hauling my entire company's look and products. I also say it's a reintroduction since I have had a blog for quite some time (though at times neglected) that showcases some of my creations outside of soap.


My God Daughter and I at our first craft show
Since we are talking about me though, here's a run down of who I am. I'm the West Indian Martha Stewart, a fun loving wife, mother, fairy Godmother, daughter and friend. I have a passion for art, nature and beautiful things in general. When I'm not busy chasing after my now 3 year old son, I'm either designing or being creative in some way. Whether it be soap, paper, paint, fabric or food, the medium is just the means to release all my creative energy. Also, I am the proud owner of the Water Bottle Soap Co. LLC.



What is a Water Bottle Soap?
Water Bottle Soaps

Water Bottle Soaps started out as a homemade Christmas gift that sparked an amazing idea for a business. Not only are the soaps a natural product, they are Eco-friendly as well. I make Water Bottle Soaps by using the bottom of a water bottle as the mold for the soap then recycling the plastic once I am finished. This give the bottle 2 uses before it is recycled in to post consumer materials.

The soap bases I use are all natural, vegan bases that are Kosher and contain no animal by-products. Also, as of late the soap bases I use no longer contain sodium lauryl sulfate or (SLS). Sodium lauryl sulfate leaves the skin feeling dry and tight after use. Plus, over time this chemical can be very harmful to your health. Our new formula does not contain this harsh detergent, thus is more nourishing for your skin. Click here for more information.

What else do I create? 

Currently, I'm all about handmade party and home decor. I make Cupcake/food flags, Christmas Ornaments and Holiday wreaths. Additionally, for the past 3 years I have designed party decorations for my son's birthdays.
I've made items for weddings such as ring barer pillows, decorated candles and flower girl baskets, I've ever designed floral center pieces and let's not get started on the invitations. I have quite a few under my belt, designing stationery for 10 years. 

Washi Tape Food Flags
Darin's 1st Bday Pinata
Wedding accessories
Grinch Hand painted ornament
Where do I draw inspiration for it all?


I wish I could say it all comes from me and what is in my head but that would not be true. My inspiration comes from many sources, my hubby, my friends, family, the season, nature, Pintrest....lol. Sometimes at 2am I get an idea and I have to work it out. It is the agony and the ecstasy of having a creative mind.

In closing, I think you have a pretty good feel of who I am and what makes me tick, but that is not to say that's all there is. I do hope you check back and follow my journey, and above all be inspired in some way.
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment